Thursday, December 17, 2009




I fell in love with Marie Ponsot at AWP last February, and whilst wandering strange places on the web, I found the above video from The Mom Egg.

This conversation is particularly interesting in how Ponsot speaks about rhythm and rhyme, particularly after my last independent study meeting with MDB and how I spoke to him about my aversion to the Dickinson and the Bishop poems that were most "sing songish." MDB loved Bishop's triple rhymes while I did not; I think learning to love that kind of controlled versification is something I'll have to put on my to-do list for the last year and a half of my MFA. I will learn to appreciate, if I cannot love. Admire what one can do with foundations.

1 comment:

Jessie Carty said...

thanks for sharing that, now i have someone else to subscribe to youtube :)