- My friend Meryl's Virginia Woolf tattoo is all healed and gorgeous. Her husband did my arm tattoo, so I have a special affection for his literary artwork.
- The New York Times made a little page called Hot Type: Poems for Summer, featuring Tony Hoagland, Edward Hirsch, Carl Phillips, Sarah Lindsay, Robert Pinsky, and Claudia Emerson. (Emerson's Late Wife is one of my favorite books of poetry.)
- The recent issue of The New Yorker has a review of Anne Carson's Nox and a poem by Stanley Plumly. Not long ago, I wrote a review of Stanley Plumly, and a few days ago, I finally was able to see Nox in person and was inspired for my own thesis, which promises to tango with the fragment, the repurposed document, etc.
- I could gaze all day: bookshelf porn.
- New York Times article on WS Merwin becoming poet laureate.
Tracy K. Smith Visits Chinaby Harriet Staff
2 hours ago